Yes indeed there has got to be something for everyone to do at Beaver Creek and this is short list of just that…Things to do at the Beav. We are going to have to break this down to winter vs. summer…. So we’ll start here with winter.
- Um go skiing- I mean it’s a world class mountain with terrain of all types. Groomers, bumps, steep chutes, cliffs, trees, terrain parks for young and old, and one little bowl…Did I mention Birds Of Prey? Yea thats the location of the World Cup Ski Races that usually takes place every November. Check it out it’s pretty darn steep and when they set up the coarse they literally take fire hoses out and spray water on the coarse to create a nice layer of ice. It’s wicked fast.
- Eat- Something for everyone here, if you want some local eats head on down valley to the Gas House for the best fried chicken west of the Mississippi, or to a local brewery, or Mexican hole in the wall with amazing tacos. If your feeling a little fancy there are dozens of fine dining options in Beaver Creek Village and even some on the mountain that you can ride a horse drawn sleigh too….
- Relax- Plenty of spas abound where you can get a steam, soak, or rub. Maybe you just want to chill listen to some live music an watch the skiers and snowboarders come down the mountain. Well there are more than a few places to sit by the fire and do just that. Make sure you get your fresh cookie a 3 pm daily handed out by the men and women in the white jacket and chef’s hat’s…you can’t miss it.
- Smoke or eat pot- Yes indeed it’s legal and easy to buy with a surprisingly pleasant experience at most of the pot shops in weed row in Eagle-Vail.
- Snowmobiling- If you prefer a motorized adventure snowmobiling is quite a thrill
- Snowshoeing- For a peaceful hike snow shoes are the way to go.
- Cross County Skiing- Oh yea you could do this to if you wanted.
- Ice Skating- There is a ring right in the village.
- Sledding- Snow and a hill is all you need and there is plenty of that.
- Probably quite a few more things I’m missing and that’s where you come in. Leave a comment if you’d like to add to this very informal list.